Access Parrot Bebop 2 with virtual machine

Product: Bebop2
Product version: [X.X.X]
SDK version: [X.X.X]
SDK platform: Unix

How can I access the Bebop 2 drone from my Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine (on VMware player) runnning on my Windows 8.1 computer?

I have successfully installed and built the sdk. When I try to run the “BebopSample” mplayer responds with a “could not connect to socket” and “no such file or directory” message

Do I need a Wi-Fi dongle in my host pc?

Hi,

Are you connected to the wifi access point of your Bebop?
If yes, could you try to set to 0 the DISPLAY_WITH_MPLAYER here: https://github.com/Parrot-Developers/Samples/blob/master/Unix/BebopSample/BebopSample.c#L70

This will deactivate the usage of mplayer. You’ll see if you can connect to your drone with the sdk. If you can, we will try then to help you with mplayer.

Hi, yes I was connected to the access point on my Windows pc, but I couldn’t connect on my VM. I have now used a wireless usb adapter to get all wifi access on my VM, which works fine.

Can you explain how I can build my own program to automatically make the drone take off when I run it, and then land after a few seconds? I have run the BebopSample, which works fine, but I don’t know how to build or run my own executable program.

Thank you!