buildWithPrecompiledSDK build for beginners

Product: [Bebop/Bebop2]
Product version: [X.X.X]
SDK version: 3.1.12
Use of libARController: [YES/NO] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: Android
Reproductible with the official app: [YES/NO/Not tried]

I’m an Eclipse/Ant/Java developer and it’s been really hard adjusting to gradle and Android Studio. I’ve invested many hours before reaching out, so this isn’t just a “help me I’m lazy” post.

As I understand it from the instructions, and what I have so far, is the project “Samples” downloaded from github (github.com/Parrot-Developers/Samples). I’ve opened up the settings.gradle located in SDKSample/buildWithPrecompiledSDK per the instructions and observed that there are many available tasks. Which task am I supposed to run to deploy the app. to a phone and what is the buildWithPrecompiledSDK sample supposed to do? I see descriptions for the apps in the buildWithLocalSDK project, but not for buildWithPrecompiledSDK. I ran the assembleDebug and installDebug tasks, those both succeed. The build task fails, however, due to “invalidPackage: Package not included in Android” errors in Lint including java.awt.color, java.awt.image and java.awt. I understand that I can suppress the error but I don’t want to go changing things I don’t understand.

I’ve managed to deploy Samples/Android/SDKSample/app to my phone but it’s just a blank screen in landscape that says SDKSample.

Some friendly advice on how to get started based on what I’ve tried so far would be warmly received.

Thanks.

Hi,

You’ve successfully installed the Sample app on your phone. To see your Bebop, you have to connect your phone to its wifi, just as you would do with FreeFlight.

Yay! First flight under the power of the SDK sample!

Thanks for your help. Now I know I’m on the right track :slight_smile: