I Made an SDK port for node.js

So I was looking for a node implementation of the SDK and could not find it. I found lots of 1 off half maintained or not at all modules that worked for one product, but none that attempted to implement the full SDK.

So I built one. Tested it on the Jumping Drone, will go buy an AR or BeBop to test as well, but if anyone else could test it as well it would be appreciated. Just got the whole thing working today and published it to npm.

The readme on github has some basic info and examples
github repo

The Docs have a lot more info and example code.
Docs

The whole point of this is to have a port of the SDK ontop of which other modules can be built specific to the various types of drone, swarms, or whatever.

Let me know what you guys think, Thanks!

BTW you can install with npm i node-parrot-drone

Also, I haven’t done video yet.

Working on that today.

More correctly, it supports the midea stream, but I plan to build a class to pipe it out more easily. Perhaps that should be a seperate module though.

doc on media

Hi,

Thanks for your work!

Please note that the sdk is not compatible with ARDrones (AR.Drone 1 & AR.Drone 2).

Regards,
Djavan

:clap: This is great !

Hi,
I tried to install your SDK using npm i node-parrot-drone, but I got this error:

npm ERR! Linux 4.4.0-75-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/nodejs” “/usr/bin/npm” “i” "node-parrot-drone"
npm ERR! node v6.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.10.10
npm ERR! code ENOSELF

npm ERR! Refusing to install node-parrot-drone as a dependency of itself
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /home/zixin/Documents/Drone/node-parrot-drone-master/npm-debug.log

Please advice!

http://thisdavej.com/node-newbie-error-npm-refusing-to-install-package-as-a-dependency-of-itself/

This looks really cool, I’ll have to give it a shot soon!

e^(1): How’s Bluetooth support looking? Almost all the newer minidrones require it.

Thank you! I’m going to test the Library with jumping night and race. This looks perfect! :slight_smile:
¿do you have any test app for it?