Integrate SDK with Parrot Simulator SPHINX

Product:
Product version: [X.X.X]
SDK version: [X.X.X]
Use of libARController: [YES/NO] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [iOS]
Reproductible with the official app: [YES]

Hi Guys, I am currently developing an App for IOS, using latest SDK from Parrot and I need to integrate this SDK with Parrot Simulator SPHINX, I can’t find instructions in order to test the code I am doing with the simulator. I have a working Ubuntu VM with Sphinx that I am using through Virtual Ethernet. Now I need to interact Sdk to give orders to simulator.

Any help is welcome, thanks!!

George.

Running simulations in Sphinx on Bebop2 with native and Android sdks

Hi,

If you want to connect your iOS app to a simulated drone, the simplest solution is to let your simulated drone create a wifi access point (just like a real drone would do). In order to do that, your simulated drone needs to “use” a wifi interface available on your host machine. The simulated drone actually “steals” the wifi interface as it is no longer accessible from your host. For more info:

If you are able to share your wifi hardware with your Ubuntu VM, it should work fine but I wouldn’t count on it and you might need to install sphinx on a bare-metal machine with a wifi interface (and a high-end CPU if you plan to enable the front camera, see http://developer.parrot.com/docs/sphinx/drone-requirements.html#bebop-bebop-2-and-disco-front-camera).

If you stick to the virtual ethernet interface (drone ip address 10.202.0.1) you would need to route the traffic between the veth and your ios device which is beyond the scope of the simulator.

Regards

Hi @ndessart , thanks for your response and your time, currently I don’t count with a Wifi usb to plug in to my VM, neither another laptop to install ubuntu and use wifi card to enabled Access point mode, I am currently connecting to the drone simulator using commands with json from command line like ( echo '{“jsonrpc”: “2.0”, “method”: “TriggerAction”,\ , etcetera) and actually that works fine.

What i think I need to do is do the same from code? Is that possible? I forgot to mention my Drone is a DISCO, my company actually bought one, but I don’t have it with me yet.

I don’t know if I can set the IP Address in code to give commands to the drone like shake, move from Point A to Point B (with this velocity), or if I need to do some other approach, if you could give some directions, I can read documentation or whatever.

My main objective is to plan a route to the drone from code, so the drone can travel to a set of known coordinates.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

George.