Yes, I was able to ping the slamdunk in Windows and there were no packet losses. However, I was unable to ping or SSH on Ubuntu. Apart from that, I found a solution which worked fine for me. Here is what it is, incase any one is interested. This works well when you connect SLAMDUNK with Ubuntu(14.04) system. Or at least worked for me.
- Connect SLAMDUNK with your laptop through USB interface.
- It will show Wired connection 1 probably, which is the name of the connection.
- Go to edit connections, click on Wired connection 1, and then click on edit.
- Go to Ethernet tab and select MAC address of the SLAMDUNK.
- Go to IPv4 Setting tab, select manual in the dropdown menu.
- Click on add button, give 192.168.45.11 under address tab. 255.255.255.0 as Netmask and 22.214.171.124 as Gateway.
- Save the settings and try to reconnect.
This solution worked for Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04. I am not sure if manually connecting this way is a proper solution or not. But it works for me at least.