Parrot Mambo - Python

Glad to hear it’s not just us! It’s a shame as we went the Mambo/FPV over the AR for the WiFi connectivity.

It’s a bit hectic trying to get 20x 14yr olds connected to their drone, and doing something meaningful in 50 minutes! Love to hear about any updates that Parrot may release for this issue.

Hey @CaptainSaavik - Has Parrot released any fix for the wifi connectivity issues?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

That’s a question for @Jerome or @Nicolas

Thanks @CaptainSaavik

@Jerome or @Nicolas - Is there any update with this?

We actually had lots of trouble in BLE when removing battery/disconnecting improperly on iOS.
I am not aware of any wifi issue.

Thanks for the reply @Jerome - really appreciate it and I’m looking forward to getting to the bottom of it.

In Windows and Debian, I’m having trouble reliably connecting to drones via wifi. I’ll get some more diagnostics over the weekend to give you a better picture of what I’m experiencing.

Hey @CaptainSaavik :slight_smile: Thank you again for all your work with this project!

I’ve given the latest commit a go on my home setup: Windows x64 with a Mambo FPV. I’m hoping you can help me with a couple of things I am struggling with:

mambo.ask_for_state_update() gives me:

e[38;5;196m Could not find sensor in list - ignoring for now.  Packet info below. e[0m`(2, 25, 3)`
e[38;5;196m Could not find sensor in list - ignoring for now.  Packet info below. e[0m
(2, 25, 5)

Also, I’m not having any luck with the new demoMamboVisionGUI.py file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\testing\pyparrot-master\demoMamboVisionGUI.py", line 6, in <module>
    from DroneVisionGUI import DroneVisionGUI
  File "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\testing\pyparrot-master\DroneVisionGUI.py", line 24, in <module>
    import utils.vlc as vlc
  File "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\testing\pyparrot-master\utils\vlc.py", line 203, in <module>
    dll, plugin_path  = find_lib()
  File "C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\testing\pyparrot-master\utils\vlc.py", line 173, in find_lib
    dll = ctypes.CDLL(libname)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python36-32\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 348, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found

Also, when running demoMamboVision.py I get the following errors. I ran it 3 times and included the output in the file below. I also restarted the drone and it gets the same result after a restart too.

Thank you for all your patience!

For the missing sensors, don’t worry about those. It’s on my long term list to fix but they are not important ones.

For the GUI vision, I promise to write up the documentation on that as soon as this semester ends. In the meantime, that code isn’t officially released yet :slight_smile: but you are missing VLC. Install the VLC executable of at least version 3.0.1 or greater.

Also, put bug reports for pyparrot on the GitHub for pyparrot rather than here :slight_smile:

We had our class out with the Mambo’s today. They all connected via WiFi and worked fine… until they didn’t. It seems like once they disconnect you have little chance of getting them to reconnect (i.e. after a crash, or code-hang or after a battery pull/replacement).

I have observed this behavior as well. We had to switch drones to get it working.