Rostopic echo /pose is silent

That’s not good :unamused: I guess it could be.
You might be able to get some info by running the slamdunk node yourself to get some debug output to the console: rosrun slamdunk_node slamdunk_node after having stopped the default slamdunk_node.

Time difference can be a problem if you have a node that uses timestamp or when compiling but it should not stop topics from being published.

“You might be able to get some info by running the slamdunk node yourself to get some debug output to the console: rosrun slamdunk_node slamdunk_node after having stopped the default slamdunk_node”

I am sorry I dont understand this part properly, can you please elaborate it a bit?

This is what I do:
I ssh to slamdunk, then I do a sudo stop slamdunk_ros_node to disable it. The I go to the terminal of my PC and type rosrun slamdunk_node slamdunk_node, but there is an error flashed
"ERROR: cannot launch node of type [slamdunk_node/slamdunk_node]: can’t locate node [slamdunk_node] in package [slamdunk_node]
"

You seem to have understood it properly though :smile:
It’s just that you should run it on the slamdunk.

By default the slamdunk node is run automatically just like a deamon so you don’t get anything output to the console (like error messages) so if you run it yourself with rosrun, you will get them.

And the slamdunk node should only be run on the slamdunk since it relies on a library on it.

Okay I get that!

Actually, sometimes the slamdunk publishes the topics (eg, the pose) and sometimes it does not!

When I do a sudo diagnostic after doing a sudo stop slamdunk_ros_node in the slamdunk terminal, this is what I get:

01-linux-version ok [system] Linux version
02-memory ok [system] Memory close to 2GB
03-linux-thermal ok [system] Linux thermal zones availability
04-cpu-governor ok [system] CPU governor
05-linux-sanity ko [system] Linux sanity
20-magnetometer ko [sensors/i2c] Dev ID of AK8963C magn on /dev/i2c-0 (Result: 0x0f)
21-barometer ko [sensors/i2c] Ping MS5607 barometer on /dev/i2c-0
22-codec ko [sensors/i2c] Ping ADAU1772 codec on /dev/i2c-0
25-ultrasound ko [ultrasound] Ultrasound Result: KO Distances: ""
30-camera ok [camera] Cameras acquisition
31-camera-freq ok [camera] Frequency Result: 33.200 ms (33.33 ms) diff=0.39%
32-camera-conn ok [camera] Camera connection: Left is OK and Right OK
40-imu ok [imu] IMU Result: 15915 lines (16000) diff=0.53 %

Why some of them are ko and some of them are ok, what does ko mean?

KO means the contrary of OK :slight_smile:
So there is an issue with your sensors…

I also have linux-sanity ko but it seems to be working fine.

For you everything is ok except linux-sanity ?

Yes, everything is ok except that

Thanks!
I think there are some issues with my sensors (drivers or hardware). When the /pose data is echoing almost all the sensors are ok and when it is not, all of them are ko and this s happening randomly. Sometimes the sensors are ok and everything works and sometimes the sensors are ko and nothing works. Any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks again for your time!