Unable to build ARDroneSDK2.0.1 iOS example project

I’ve been trying to build FreeFlight, the iOS sample project included in the ARDroneSDK 2.0.1 package but the build is failing with 20 errors. I’m using Xcode version 8.0.1 on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6.

According to the error messages, the ARDroneEngine module is using an unsupported C/C++ compiler. The first error message reads:
Unsupported compiler 'com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42' selected for architecture 'armv7'

I think the other 19 errors are being caused by this unsupported compiler. The are all of the format:
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file ${PROJECT_DIR}/ControlEngine/iPhone/Classes/<CLASSNAME>.m of type sourcecode.c.objc.

I haven’t been able to locate where this copiler is being called from. I’ve set the C/C++ compiler to the default in Build Settings > Build Options > Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C for each of the projects but I’m still getting the same errors.

Does anyone know if there’s any solution to this issue or if there’s any alternative iOS SDK for the ARDrone 2.0?