Wifi_mode of ARDrone2.0

We know ARDrone2.0 can create the network in Ad-Hoc mode.That it,ARDrone2.0 would own a wifi singla,other device like iphone can connect this wifi to control the Drone.But my question is that can ARDrone2.0 join a network as client? Give an example,my laptap create a wifi singal.I want ARDrone2.0 to connect this wifi singal.Is that Ok? if it could happen,how make it?

plus, the Document ARDrone_Developer_Guide.pdf shows that could happen in page 82 NETWORK:wifi_mode.

Hey,
it is possible, but you have to use telnet and should know basic linux commands…
http://www.drone-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=807

I didn’t try it myself, so let me know if you managed to get it working.

Vabe

This is actually a very ironic request as originally that was the only option available to the ARDrone platform. Somewhere in 2011 Parrot enabled the ability for it to act as a hotspot (access point), or wifi client. While it has been a very long time for me (I stopped maintaining ARDrone 1/2 code 3+ years ago) I vaguely recall it still supporting these options natively (without the need to hack supplicants / etc).

Bear with me as I dump some old code:

// List preference
    final ListPreference wifiModePref = new ListPreference(ctx);
    wifiModePref.setEnabled(!isDemo);
    wifiModePref.setKey("network_wifi_mode");
    wifiModePref.setPersistent(false);
    wifiModePref.setEntries(R.array.wifi_modes);
    wifiModePref.setEntryValues(R.array.wifi_modes_values);
    wifiModePref.setDialogTitle(R.string.prefs_wifi_mode_dialog);
    wifiModePref.setTitle(R.string.prefs_wifi_mode);
    wifiModePref.setDefaultValue(((Integer) config.getWifi_mode()).toString());

final String[] modes = ctx.getResources().getStringArray(R.array.wifi_modes);
    wifiModePref.setSummary(modes[config.getWifi_mode()]);

wifiModePref.setOnPreferenceChangeListener(new OnPreferenceChangeListener() {
		public boolean onPreferenceChange(Preference arg0, Object arg1) {
			final int mode = Integer.parseInt((String) arg1);
	        wifiModePref.setSummary(modes[mode]);
	        config.setWifi_mode(mode);
			return true;
		}
    });

networkPrefCat.addPreference(wifiModePref);	

<string-array name="wifi_modes">
    <item>Infrastructure Host</item>
    <item>Ad-Hoc Network</item>
    <item>Infrastructure Client</item>
</string-array>

<string-array name="wifi_modes_values">
    <item>0</item>
    <item>1</item>
    <item>2</item>
</string-array>

And to wrap it all up at a java and native level:

wifi_mode = nativeGetControlConfigInt(wifi_mode_id);

public void setWifi_mode(int wifi_mode) {
	this.wifi_mode = wifi_mode;
	nativeSetControlConfigInt(wifi_mode_id, wifi_mode);
}

void Java_com_shellware_ARPro_ARProConfig_nativeSetControlConfigInt(JNIEnv*  env, jobject thiz, jint cfg, jint value) {

switch ((_config_ids) cfg) {
		case wifi_mode_id:
			ardrone_control_config.wifi_mode = value;
			ARDRONE_TOOL_CONFIGURATION_ADDEVENT(wifi_mode, &ardrone_control_config.wifi_mode, NULL);
			break;
		default:
			break;
	}

return;
}

And finally a nice throwback to Parrot’s old config file that drove a ton of code generation:

ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_STR_a10("network", ssid_single_player,  INI_STRING,   string_t,   char*,       (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0, WIFI_NETWORK_NAME,               default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)
ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_STR_a10("network", ssid_multi_player,   INI_STRING,   string_t,   char*,       (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0,  WIFI_NETWORK_NAME,               default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)
ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_IMM_a10("network", wifi_mode,           INI_INT,      int32_t,    int32_t*,    (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0,  WIFI_MODE_INFRA,                               default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)
ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_IMM_a10("network", infrastructure,      INI_BOOLEAN,  bool_t,     bool_t*,     (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0,  0,                               default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)
ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_IMM_a10("network", secure,              INI_BOOLEAN,  bool_t,     bool_t*,     (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0,  0,                               default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)
ARDRONE_CONFIG_KEY_STR_a10("network", passkey,             INI_STRING,   string_t,   char*,       (K_READ|K_WRITE), 0,  "",                              default_config_callback, CAT_COMMON)

A quick recap:

1. Set ssid_multi_player and/or ssid_single_player to your intended adhoc / infrastructure / client SSID
  2. Set the secure flag, passkey, and infrastructure flags appropriately
  3. Set wifi_mode to 1

And your AR.Drone should now be hosting an adhoc network corresponding to the values you set.

Ops,I cann’t open the link.
Can you leave contact information of you?
enmmmmm,email would be the best choice.
Looking forward your replay.
Thanks!

Sorry,I still cann’t understand what you have said. Could you tell me more detail? If you could list every step and it’s method in a PDF docment,I would be very pleasure. Thank you very much.