Android: Can't get the number of satellites!

Hello everybody,
i have a problem. This code in public void onCommandReceived.

This code is not fired. What is the mistake? Is this the wrong function?

if (commandKey ==  ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ENUM.ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_GPSSTATE_NUMBEROFSATELLITECHANGED)
 {
    showColorTextView(textView12, Color.BLUE);

args = elementDictionary.get(ARControllerDictionary.ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_SINGLE_KEY);
    if (args != null)
    {
        Integer gpsSatellite = (Integer)  args.get(ARFeatureARDrone3.ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_GPSSTATE_NUMBEROFSATELLITECHANGED_NUMBEROFSATELLITE);
        onUpdateBebopGpsSatellite(gpsSatellite);  // show value in TextView
    }
}

Best regards from Germany

Roland

Hi,

What is the firmware version of your Bebop ?

Regards,
Djavan

Hi Djavan,
thank you for answering. My Firmware is
Freeflight 3.7.12
Bebop 2.0.57

Is that right, that i called the code-question in onCommandReceived() and is the code right?

Best regards

Roland

Hi,

The code seems right, and yes you should get that from the onCommandReceived.

Do you have a GPS fix (key of the command is ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_GPSSETTINGSSTATE_GPSFIXSTATECHANGED and key of the value is ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_GPSSETTINGSSTATE_GPSFIXSTATECHANGED_FIXED) ?

Best regards,
Djavan

Hi,

what do you mean with GPSFIXSTATECHANGED.

Is this the answer of this command

ARCONTROLLER_ERROR_ENUM error = deviceController.getFeatureARDrone3().sendGPSSettingsSendControllerGPS(DrohneLat, DrohneLon, DrohneAlt, PilotLat, PilotLon);

Thank you for your answer.

Roland

Hi @Djavan,

I’m having the same problem. GPS Fix is 1, Home is available and set by product. But I never receive anything for ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_GPSSTATE_NUMBEROFSATELLITECHANGED.

I’m using the latest version of the SDK (pulled and reset tonight). I’m also using the latest version of FreeFlight 3 and its included firmware from the Google Play Store.

Any ideas?

Also, since it appears that the ARFeatureARDrone3 for Number of Satellites isn’t working at the moment is there any way to enable ARFeatureARDrone3Debug to receive ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3DEBUG_GPSDEBUGSTATE_NBSATELLITECHANGED_NBSATELLITE?

Hi, i bought a Bebop 2 Drone. With this drone the function works perfect. I get the number of satellites. I think this is a problem from the Bebop Drone!. Best regards from Germany.

Well its definitely broke for V1 Bebops … Tested again today with the prepackaged 3.8 libs.

Thank you. After the firmware-update I get a 0 when no satellites found and a 1 when satellites are ok.