ArdroneSDK3 STREAMING not working

Hy guys,

I have a strange problem in video streaming in the Unix Sample BebopDroneDecodeStream.c.
I have successfully installed the ArdroneSDK3 on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
ffmpeg version is 2.4.3

When i run the sample BebopDroneDecodeStream.c, I got a segmentation fault in the ARSTREAM_Reader.c source file at line 420.
This is the produced output:

joshy@NB-Giorgio:/opt/beebop/Samples/Unix/BebopDroneDecodeStream/build$ ./BebopDroneDecodeStream
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:726 | main:481 - -- Starting --
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:726 | ardiscoveryConnect:761 - - ARDiscovery Connection
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:737 | ARDISCOVERY_Connection_ReceiveJsonCallback:819 -     - ReceiveJson:{ "status": 0 , "c2d_port": 54321, "arstream_fragment_size": 1000, "arstream_fragment_maximum_number": 128, "arstream_max_ack_interval": 0, "c2d_update_port": 51, "c2d_user_port": 21 } 
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:737 | startNetwork:839 - - Start ARNetwork
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:738 | startDecoder:1488 - ARCODECS_Manager_New: OK
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startDecoder:1579 - Creation of video decodingThread...Done
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startVideo:962 - - Start ARStream
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startVideo:981 - ARStream creation : No error
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startVideo:995 - Creation of video Rx thread OK
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startVideo:1005 - Creation of video Tx thread OK
[ERR] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | startVideo:1010 - Creation of video decoding Thread...OK.
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | sendDate:1178 - - Send date
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | sendAllSettings:1220 - - Send get all settings
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | sendAllStates:1247 - - Send get all states
[INF] BebopDroneReceiveStream | 20:05:29:739 | sendBeginStream:1273 - - Send Streaming Begin

Do you have any suggestion? Which ffmpeg version should be used?

Thank you!!

I have the same issue with an Bebop drone and ARSDK3_version_3_7_5. My operating system is ubuntu 14.04. Segfault occurs in ARSTREAM_Reader.c

I did a lot of gdb inspection. It seems that the ar controller can not start the stream, since there is no codec given. The following switch statement in ARCONTROLLER_Stream1.c does the trouble:

stream1Controller->codec.type is none of the H264, PCM or MJPEG in my case (it is zero, to be specific), so the both indices remain -1.

int d2cStreamData = -1;
    int c2dStreamAck = -1;

switch (stream1Controller->codec.type)
    {
        case ARCONTROLLER_STREAM_CODEC_TYPE_H264:
        case ARCONTROLLER_STREAM_CODEC_TYPE_MJPEG:
                d2cStreamData = stream1Controller->networkConfiguration->deviceToControllerARStreamData;
                c2dStreamAck = stream1Controller->networkConfiguration->controllerToDeviceARStreamAck;
                break;
        case ARCONTROLLER_STREAM_CODEC_TYPE_PCM16LE:
                d2cStreamData = stream1Controller->networkConfiguration->deviceToControllerARStreamAudioData;
                c2dStreamAck = stream1Controller->networkConfiguration->controllerToDeviceARStreamAudioAck;
            break;
        default:
            break;
    }

However, I was able to “hard code” the codec in ARCONTROLLER_Stream_video_New(), where there is the setting for the bebop missing anyway:

// Get video codec
switch (discoveryDevice->productID)
{
    case ARDISCOVERY_PRODUCT_JS:
    case ARDISCOVERY_PRODUCT_JS_EVO_LIGHT:
    case ARDISCOVERY_PRODUCT_JS_EVO_RACE:
    case ARDISCOVERY_PRODUCT_POWER_UP:
	codecType =  ARCONTROLLER_STREAM_CODEC_TYPE_MJPEG;
	break;

default:
	codecType = ARCONTROLLER_STREAM_CODEC_TYPE_MJPEG; // originally was DEFAULT, not MJPEG
	break;
}

The segfault vanished, but now I get lots of error messages:

[ERR] ARSTREAM_Reader | 13:08:31:580 | ARSTREAM_Reader_RunDataThread:389 - Error while reading stream data: Given IOBuffer identifier is unknown

No way to settle this right without further knowledge or more time-consuming investigation :frowning:

Hi,

You should upgrade your SDK to a newer version. The 3.7.5 SDK is more than one and a half years old, and the drone firmware have greatly changed since.

You can find the documentation about the new SDK version here.

Regards,
Nicolas

Thank you very much for your hint, Nicolas. Updating firmware and SDK indeed solved the problem for me.

Turned out that I have installed a legacy version of the freeflight app, so I was not able to connect and update my drone prior to using the SDK. So it was simply a version mismatch.