Camera orientation handling changed with the latest firmware/SDK?

Product: [Bebop2]
SDK version: [3.10.1]
Use of libARController: [YES] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [iOS]

Hi !
I am wrong or something changed with the latest firmware/SDK about camera movements ?
Before I used sendCameraOrientation() to orient the camera and when it reached the asked tilt/pan a Camera orientation changed event was sent back but now those events are received periodically even if the camera was not asked to move.
Furthermore the sendCameraOrientation() function is not working as before, and I found that I have to replace it with setCameraOrientation() to make it work again.

I had that problem too, they did change something so you have to use the “set” method instead. I haven’t noticed the extra events getting fired but that doesn’t bother me personally.

Hi,

You’re right, we’ve changed the way this command is sent (it is now send without waiting an acknowledgment). That is why you need to use setCameraOrientation.
Here is an explanation of it.

Best regards,
Djavan

Thanks for the quick responses !

ARSDK V3.13.0

I’m noticing some oddities between the documentation and actual behavior for the ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_CAMERASTATE_ORIENTATION, ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_CAMERASTATE_DEFAULTCAMERAORIENTATION, ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_CAMERASTATE_ORIENTATIONV2, and ARCONTROLLER_DICTIONARY_KEY_ARDRONE3_CAMERASTATE_DEFAULTCAMERAORIENTATIONV2 events depending on the type of drone connected.

With a Bebop V2 I receive the V2 events. With a Bebop V1 I only receive the original (non V2) events, however the documentation has the originals marked deprecated and all drones (bebop v1, v2, and disco) supporting the V2 events.

Is this a bug or is the documentation incorrect?