Changing the 802.11 modulation used by the Drones Access point

Product: [Bebop2]
Product version: [4.3.1]
SDK version: [X.X.X]
Use of libARController: [YES/NO] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [Unix/Python]
Reproductible with the official app: [Not tried]

Hi, I am getting started working on a project to control basic functionalities of a Bopop2 drone via a Software Defined Radio.

To get the drone to understand the commands I am sending via the RF link, I need the drone to use either 802.11a or 802.11ac. The datasheet mentions that the Bepop2 drone does support these standards. After figuring out how to telnet into the drone, i tried the using iwconfig eth0 modu 11a to force the NIC to use 801.11a, but it does mention that this is not supported. I am suspecting that i might have to take the interface down and modify it and then put it up again, but since i can only acces the drone via wifi, that is impossible.
I am new to working with this platform, but is there a good way to get a wired connection to the drone in order to configure the wireless interfaces?

Also, i have heard that the drone supports different standards depending on which region/country you select through the app, but i have been so far unable to locate an exhaustive list. Is there such a list of which country setting use which 802.11 standard?

Kind Regards,
Gary