Creating Data Transfer Manager to download videos

Product: [Bebop/Bebop2]
Product version: [HW02]
SDK version: [3.9.1]
Use of libARController: [YES] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [Android/]
Reproductible with the official app: [Not tried]

Hello,

I am currently developing an app for the Bebop to demonstrate some features our Neurala software can do. I am working with the Android platform and I am at the first step of creating a media manager to get a media list and then the media thumbnails.
My code is getting an ARDataTransferException in this part of the data transfer code

public void createDataTransferManager()
{ ...

if (result == ARDATATRANSFER_ERROR_ENUM.ARDATATRANSFER_OK)
        {
            // direct to external directory
            String externalDirectory = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().toString().concat("/ARSDKMedias/");
            //String externalDirectory = Environment.getDataDirectory().toString().concat("/ARSDKMedias/");
            try
            {
                dataTransferManager.getARDataTransferMediasDownloader().createMediasDownloader(ftpListManager, ftpQueueManager, MEDIA_FOLDER, externalDirectory);
            }
            catch (ARDataTransferException e)
            {
                e.printStackTrace();
                result = e.getError();
            }
        }
}

My problem is that the error says “System Error” which is a broad description of an error and I don’t know where to look at after this. Is this the Android device (system) error? or is this the Parrot Bebop (system) error?
I am stuck in this step and cannot continue to download the media list or thumbnails because of this exception error.
Can some one please help me get through this error?
Thanks,

Hi,

do you have the permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE?
Do you have the logcat output of the error?

The error “system error” should come from this error.

Thanks,
Djavan

Thanks for your pointer.
I did have the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission but I had not
configured and accepted it from my device settings, lack of attention in my part.

The error was coming from the link you gave me, I had narrowed it until that point but did not
understand the error when I found it. Solution was to accept the permissions from my device settings
in the App manager.

Thanks again

Thanks for sharing this information. It’s useful. can i download high quality videos using this?