Jumping Night - Can you program sounds to play through the drone

Hi all,

Beginner question so sorry if this question has been asked/answered elsewhere however I was wondering if the sdk can allow you to send custom audio files the jumping night drones. I ask this because I’m attempting to make a real life version of the drone from watch dogs 2 with custom taunts. I ask this because I know the drone has two way communication capabilities so there for it does have speakers, and I’m pretty sure it plays sounds when it does “animations” so I guess my question is can those sounds be replaced?

No you can’t send audio files. However, you can stream audio. I don’t know how to do it, but you can probably stream your audio files.
To check how we stream the audio on iOS and Android, you can look into the sample.

I would gladly have pointed you directly the file in charge of streaming the audio, but for that, I need more information about your platform, this is the purpose of the small block of text that you deleted before writing your message :wink:

Product:
Product version: [X.X.X]
SDK version: [X.X.X]
Use of libARController: [YES/NO] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [iOS/Android/Unix/Python...]
Reproductible with the official app: [YES/NO/Not tried]

My apologies Djavan, My desired platform to use the sdk on is android.

So essentially I can not send audio files, but I can stream audio. Are you referring to the streaming of the operators voice via the android systems mic? Is it at all possible to change the streaming source from the android devices mic to say, the androids internal system sound (the usual audio output for notifications and music playing etc); or is the SDK pretty much limited to only streaming the androids mic audio.

Here is the Android file that handles the audio stream.

The sdk carries sound buffer. It does not care about the audio source, it just has to be the expected sound encoding, i.e. AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT at an expected rate.

I don’t really know how to get audio buffers from a file, but MediaRecorder can be created using different type of audio sources. We use the MIC source, but you can try other sources.
This is more an Android related question, so I won’t be able to help you more than that, sorry :slight_smile:

In case you manage to stream audio files, if you can post your solution here, I’m sure the entire dev community will appreciate!

Regards,
Djavan