Parrot Bebop 2 Indoor Navigation

Product: [Bebop/Bebop2]
Product version: [X.X.X]
SDK version: [X.X.X]
Use of libARController: [YES/NO] (Only for ARSDK)
SDK platform: [iOS/Android/Unix/Python…]
Reproducible with the official app: [YES/NO/Not tried]

Hello,
I’ve been using the Parrot Bebop 2 for my project work which involves flying the drone in an indoor environment. The approach for my work is to improve the indoor location coordinates through the use of Ultra Wide Band technology (UWB). The UWB product used to receive the location coordinates for the indoor environment is DECAWAVE (MDEK1001 Development Kit - Decawave).
I have 2 major questions:

1. Is there a way for the drone to receive this indoor location coordinate from the UWB device and use it to create a flight plan similar to what it would do with the GPS module already present in the drone.

2. Is there also a way to disable GPS and use the UWB product to provide the primary location coordinates needed by the drone to fly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only way would be to use a Linux computer as à ground station to compute all the UWB values and send commands to the drone accordingly using the SDK.

Hi Jerome,
The UWB Values I receive from the device are stored in terms of X, Y, and Z coordinates and a Quality Factor in a .log file. Could you please guide me on what SDK I will be needing to use on the Linux system to achieve the tasks I have mentioned initially?
Thank you so much for your time.

https://developer.parrot.com/docs/SDK3/

Hi Jerome,
Will give it a shot and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Jerome,
I’m trying to achieve the tasks mentioned above in this thread, I’ve downloaded Ubuntu version 20.04 to use as the ground station Linux computer as you’ve mentioned. Can you please link all the libraries I will be needing to perform the tasks on Linux as discussed in the thread.
Thank you so much for your help.

I would use a more simple python library here : GitHub - amymcgovern/pyparrot: Python interface for Parrot Drones
This will allow you to control the drone from any computer with simple python programming.
After that, you need to write your own code to manage the UWB beacon :slight_smile: