100% CPU load issue - Olympe becomes unstable after ~ 4min

I have noticed an issue with Olympe SDK v7.4.2 where the CPU load of one thread in the Python process creeps from < 10% load (of one core) to 100% load (still of one core). This results in events of Olympe being delayed, e.g. a button press of the SkyController is registered only after ~10 seconds, which makes it unusable after 100% is reached and the drone has to be emergency landed.

I have raised an issue on github: Olympe SDK Issue #40

Hi,

This is a known issue in the 7.X release series that we’ve been aware of lately. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 7.5 release that should land in late December / early January.

Hi ndessart,

thank you for your quick reply. I am glad to hear that this issue is known and it is being worked on.

In the meantime, is there a known fix or workaround? Would you be able to provide a pre-release with only the fix, or only a commit or even some instructions how i could fix Olympe myself?

Thank you.

In the meantime, is there a known fix or workaround? Would you be able to provide a pre-release with only the fix, or only a commit or even some instructions how i could fix Olympe myself?

There is no workaround and the fix is composed of multiple commits so it wouldn’t be that simple to share it independently. Anyway, a 7.5.0-rc1 is planned for next week so you shouldn’t have to wait for the 7.5.0 final.