Anafi Monitoring

Hello,
I would like to be able to monitor several parameters of my drone while it is moving. I have a states method that must loop every second to write the information to a file. But whatever I use thread, subproccess, lock, async,… I can’t get them to work in parallel… Have I missed a tip in the documentation?

Thanks in advance
Cybo

My code:
https://pastebin.com/Z0Gh2j2m

Hello,

I’d like to add a publisher/subscriber API to Olympe in order to simplify this use case. It shouldn’t be too hard to implement it.

I think this is also what @ptsneves was looking for at some point (see his third question in the following thread) :

He’s proposing a simple patch on Olympe to add a message callback API that might interest you. I am not a big fan of spawning a thread for each received message (a dedicated thread for running the callbacks with a queue to receive the messages from olympe would be better) but his solution is simple and should work.

Here, you are blocking the main thread with :

self.drone(moveBy(4, 0, 0, math.pi, _timeout=20)).wait().success()

while the main thread is holding the lock. So there is no state update while the drone hasn’t reached its moveBy destination (4 meters ~= a few seconds).

Anyway, I don’t see what your lock is protecting here because Olympe performs most of its work in dedicated background threads. In this case, simply removing the lock should solve all your problems.