Anafi record flight data on video SD card

Not sure how to describe what I want to do. I want the live flight data, lat/long, elevation, to be recorded on the saved video, so it will always be present when viewing the video after the flight is over. Kind of like titles super imposed on the video. Would want to be able to turn this feature on/off at the start of the flight. I’ve seen some examples of adding this data in a post processing app, but I would like to to be there embedded in the saved video. I would have thought this would have been a fairly desired option, but doesn’t seem to be addressed. Is it even possible.

thanks in advance

Mark Jenkins

Hi,

We already record a lot of metadata inside the video file (you can find the documentation here).

Overlaying this data onto the video should be done in post-processing (we currently have no plan to add it to the drone firmware), but it is definitely possible.

We do provide an example for this kind of uses with the PDrAW program, which can be used as a video viewer which can overlay some metadata to the frame.

Regards,
Nicolas.

1 Like

Is there a way to extract the metadata from the video and create a track log?

Yes, we documented it here :slight_smile:

Accessing the frame metadata with libvideo-metadata

The recommended way to access the frame metadata is by using Parrot’s libvideo-metadata ( vmeta for short). This C library handles serializing and deserializing the metadata, presenting friendly C structures containing the metadata in the API.

One way to get vmeta_frame structures from a record or a stream is to use a video sink in PDrAW . Each frame output through the sink (either YUV or H.264) has a vmeta_frame structure if frame metadata were found. Still using PDrAW , vmeta_frame structures are also output in the external texture loading and overlay rendering callback functions.

Another way is to use libvideo-metadata’s executable tool named vmeta-extract . This tool takes as input an MP4 file or a *.pcap capture and outputs CSV, JSON and/or KML files.

1 Like

I want to follow up on this idea. The metadata that is recorded for the video would be recording the location of the drone regardless of the tilt on the camera, is this correct? Im thinking that the drone is not smart enough to calculate slant angles to geotag the video to what its looking at. Would this be correct?