Anafi with ROS or Olympe?

Hey guys,

I have an anafi parrot drone and I want to use it for automatic flight (with obstacles avoiding) with gps and computer vision. Which way is the most robust and elegant to develop it with the drone? I have been testing some samples with Olympe but I am not sure if it is the best way for a project.

Thanks in advance!
John

hey,
I’m using gazebo+ros+sphinx with opencv to work on my project pretty similar to yours.
I capture the fpv of anafi with rstp:anafi.local/live do you have any other idea to get the fpv of the drone ?

1 Like

You can get the fpv via Pdraw. I´m interested on your results. Can you share with us any of your works?

Thanks
Dani

Hi MatthieuLakma,

thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Where do you find documentation to use ros with the anafi parrot? I want to implement a nvidia jetson nano for the fpv but no on the drone because of its weight. What do you think?

Hi jridbet.

I tried Jetson Nano with Olympe. Otherwise, i cant install it cause Jetson has ARM cortex, and Olympe is only for AMD. Just tell me if you try it and make it works.

Thanks
Dani

Hi DaniAlvarez,

I will try it out and let you know if it works. I just want to know if Olympe is the only option for programming the anafi parrot. If there are other options which are?

Thanks,
John

I´m not sure about that. If I have to make any answer, I would say that Olympe is the only one.

Hi DaniAlvarez,

it did not work, so I decided to use a VM with Ubuntu for programming. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like