Can we use LTE all the time, no WiFi?

We know the drone is supposed to switch to LTE when WiFi becomes poor. But for testing purposes using the GC and Air SDKs, is it possible to set both the Android Controller and the Drone to LTE Only? I want to guarantee the use of the LTE link for testing without having to fly all the way out of WiFi range.

Thanks!

Hi @ohlarikd,

It’s not possible to set both the Android Controller and the Drone to LTE Only. You can only set the “network preference” to 4G int the advance setting of FreeFlight 7 app. With this setting enabled, 4G is used when the signal is good. If the drone/skycontroller loses the connection, or if the connection is poor, it automatically switches to wifi.

Regards,
Axel

To be more clear, when I have the drone and controller in line of sight, while testing, I would like it to be on 4G is the signal is good.

You mention that if I put the FreeFlight7 application into 4G Preferred, it will be 4G all the time until the 4G signal goes bad, then it will switch to WiFi. That is good for me.

How does the Drone know it should be on LTE Preferred as well?

But will Android FreeFlight6 have that option, and more importantly, does Android Ground SDK have a similar option for 4G Preferred?

Hi @ohlarikd,

Sorry for the delay. Ground SDK android have this option for 4G preferred.
Take a look at NetworkControl, and more specifically, take a look at its property routingPolicy.

Regards,
Axel

Thank you Axel - we shall look into these links, very helpful!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.