Creating moving vehicles using gazebo plugin in sphinx simulation

Hello, I’m a beginner with parrot and sphinx, and I’m working on a project where the drone will have to follow vehicles (bikes, boats…) so I’m trying to configure the simulation for it, but I’m not able to make a moving vehicle using a plugin

So far, I’ve been able to:

• Launch sphinx simulation with
    sphinx "/opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones/anafi_ai.drone"::firmware="ftp://<login>:<pass>@ftp2.parrot.biz/versions/anafi2/pc/%23latest/images/anafi2-pc.ext2.zip & parrot-ue4-empty
  • Launch the gazebo client with sphinx-gzclient I’m not sure if it’s the right way to import custom objects with my custom models and plugins in the simulation, but it’s the only one I’ve found
  • Import objects in the scene with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/lib/ /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/bin/parrot-gz model --spawn-file=models/flatboat/model.sdf --model-name=Flatboat

Now what I need to do is use a plugin to make the vehicle move and send his coordinates to my application. There’s a plugin who does that created a few month/years ago by a colleague that doesn’t work in my company anymore, but I’ve not been able to use it.

So I decided to follow this tutorial for creating a plugin and it worked well, but when I import the object in the Gazebo-sphinx simulation the plugin doesn’t seem to work anymore, and I get this error:

Topic [/data://world/default/model/Velodyne/plugin/velodyne_control/joint_cmd] is not valid.
[Err] [JointControlWidget.cc:393] Error advertising topic [/data://world/default/model/Velodyne/plugin/velodyne_control/joint_cmd]

I’ve also tried to configure it for ros, following this tutorial because I thought maybe it was a problem, but I get a cmake error that I’m not able to solve

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "roscpp" with any
  of the following names:

roscppConfig.cmake
    roscpp-config.cmake

I’m completely stuck and don’t know how to make my plugin work in the gazebo-sphinx simulation,
Thanks for your help!

Hello,

You don’t have to use sphinx-gzclient to import objects or create your own gazebo plugin. It seems like what you are looking for is a way to program a mission.

To learn how to create a mission, I invite you to take a look at the Air SDK documentation here: Introduction - 7.1

Another advantage of programming your own mission is that it will work the same way on a real drone.

The list of vehicles that you can spawn is here: Populate the scene with actors - 2.5.1
Boats are not supported for now.

Thanks for your answer!

But as I understand it, Air SDK doesn’t allow to interact with the drone via the phone when it’s flying right?

In the project I’m doing, the drone is following the vehicle, but we can use the app to set the distance of following or ask the drone to land for example

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.