Error while loading shared libraries

Hi,

I’m trying to run the final command on terminal to run sphinx just after installing it as per the instructions. However I get the error below where it cannot load the “shared library”. I entered all the previous commands and the package seems to be installed.

$ sphinx /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones/bebop2.drone

gzserver: error while loading shared libraries: libatomic.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Sphinx simulator version 0.29.1

connecting to firmwared version: 0.29.1
gzserver: error while loading shared libraries: libatomic.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have run the below command in another terminal window which is running concurrently since it doesn’t return to the “$” after executing. Is this correct? Is there something i’m missing?

$ sudo firmwared

I firmwared_main: firmwared[11717] starting
I firmwared_firmwares: indexing firmwares from folder ‘/usr/share/firmwared/firmwares/’
I firmwared_firmwares: done indexing firmwares

Kind regards,
Liam

Hi,

Have you installed libatomic1? Which Linux distribution are you using? You could try:

sudo apt-get install libatomic1

firmwared is a daemon that runs in the background. The recommended way to start firmwared is:

sudo systemctl start firmwared.service

You can also start firmwared by calling it directly as you did in another terminal. The fact that it does not return is perfectly normal as it is running in foreground.

1 Like

Awesome! That solved it. Thank you!