Executing maxtilt.py

I am currently going through the provided user guide for Olympe.
I wrote the code for maxtilt.py. The program itself seems like its working fine but I get the following.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 234, in 'calling callback function'
  File "/home/shu18/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/final/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe_deps.py", line 42, in <lambda>
    type_((lambda callback: lambda *args: callback(*args))(bound_fields[name]))
  File "/home/shu18/parrot-groundsdk/packages/olympe/src/olympe/arsdkng/drone.py", line 406, in _recv_cmd_cb
    raise RuntimeError("Unknown message id {}".format(message_id))
RuntimeError: Unknown message id 2550136849

This pops up before the print functions in the python script.

I am curious why this pops up. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This just means that Olympe has received an unknown message from the drone (usually just after the connection to the drone). This happens when the drone is more up to date than Olympe.

If you update Olympe (the GroundSDK 1.0.1 has been released yesterday). The error message should just be gone.

To update your workspace to the latest release, execute the following commands from your parrot-groundsdk workspace directory :

$ repo sync
$ ./build.sh -p olympe-linux -A all final -j

The backtrace is a little be scary for nothing. I’ll update Olympe to emit a warning message instead.

Thanks

Nicolas

Hi,

Thank you for the advice.
However, I was trying to connect to the drone with the virtual ethernet, 10.202.0.1 but the script was unable to connect after updating to 1.0.1.

Did the IP address changed or am I missing something? I will create a new issue if needed.

Thanks

Hi,

The 10.202.0.1 IP address of the veth interface is provided by Sphinx. Olympe just connect to this address. Your should try restarting sphinx after running the following commands in your console:

$ fdc drop_all instances
$ systemctl restart firmwared

Thank you! Worked properly now.