[Firmwared] Cannot re-run Sphinx without restarting the computer

I have been able to install and run Sphinx with bebop2. Currently, I am having a problem that I believe is related to Firmwared package that needs to be run.

Whenever I need to close my simulation or reset the pose of the drone, the simulation closes and the terminal brings the following error:

[Err] [Machine.cc:970] Failed to start bebop2 : net.hook/assign failed.
[Err] [Machine.cc:977] Probable cause for this error: the requested stolen interface (wlp5s0:eth0:192.168.42.1/24) does not exist

In order to be able to run the simulation again, I have to restart my machine. If I do try to run sphinx /opt/…/bebop2.drone again, the same error comes.

I have run the network compatibility and it shows my wireless card is compatible. (If it wasn’t it would not even had run in the first place)

How do I recover from this error without restarting my machine?

Hello,

Have you tried to create a udev rule to set a persistent name for your wifi interface? The procedure is explained here:
https://developer.parrot.com/docs/sphinx/troubleshooting.html#my-wifi-interface-got-its-name-changed-after-exiting-the-simulation

Sorry for reviving this topic. I am in a similar situation where I want to run the simulator multiple times. I have followed the guide to rename the interface names by adding rules to the udev. These rules are followed when I start my PC and all interfaces are named as I stated in the udev rules. However after running and subsequently closing the simulator, my interface is renamed to dev6. Thus when I restart the simulator I get the error:

[Err] [Machine.cc:970] Failed to start bebop2 : net.hook/assign failed.
[Err] [Machine.cc:977] Probable cause for this error: the requested stolen interface (enp0:enp1p3:192.168.42.1/24) does not exist

At first I thought that I had done something wrong, or that I missed a step however I rechecked my steps using other information like this question. I am thus not sure why this does not work, but I thought I would post my temporary work around for anyone else who runs into this issue.

You can manually rename your network interface using:

$ ifconfig <wrong_name> down
$ ip link set <wrong_name> name <correct_name>
$ ifconfig <correct_name> up

So in my case <wrong_name> was dev6 and correct name was enp0. I think it is possible to automate this process even further by finding the <wrong_name> using grep and ipconfig. If I find anything more substantial I will post it here.