Flying Parrot drone in restricted zone (airport)

Hello I work for an airport as a photographer and a videographer and one of the requests I have from my superiors is to create aerial photography for the airport. I literally work inside of a restricted zone. I have my 107, permission from the FAA as well as the ATC Tower to fly in this restricted zone. However the DJI drone and software that I’m using will not work. After many attempts and emails back-and-forth with DJI I cannot fly within this restricted zone. Will your drones work in a restricted zone such as this? Again I have all of my boxes checked so to speak, but I keep running into this problem. Could you let me know how your drones perform within this kind of scenario and airspace? Thank you.

Hi !

DJI products automatically detect restricted area or no fly zones but you can disable those restrictions on their website: DJI FlySafe

Clément

Will your drones work in a restricted zone such as this?

Yes, they do not check if they are in a restricted zone.

Thanks Clement, I’ve been going rounds with DJI, they keep sending me unlock codes that do not work. I have permission to fly in my restricted area from the FAA and the ATC tower but DJI keeps locking me out. Very frustrating.

Thanks Christophe, If I give you coordinates could you verify that it will work in that area without locking me out? I’m coming from a huge headache from working with DJI.
Also what is the app that works with your drones? I’m on iOS.
Thank you for the help.

Hi,

Our drones have absolutely no no-fly zone built-in, we leave the responsibility of flying only in authorized areas to the user.

Regards,
Nicolas.

Also what is the app that works with your drones? I’m on iOS.

FreeFlight 7 on iOS

See https://www.parrot.com/us/anafi-ai/apps

Thank you Nicolas, very helpful!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.