Groundsdk-android build error

Hello everyone, I’m trying to set up the groundsdk-android but I’m stuck at the groundsdk build step, which terminates with this error:

clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [/home/zovomat/Workspace/groundsdk/out/groundsdk-android/jni/sdkcore/obj/local x86/libsdkcore.so] Error 1
[E] Task ‘build-jni’ failed (Command failed (returncode=2))

The relevant part of the build log:

I’m running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and freshly installed almost everything following the guide. (https://developer.parrot.com/docs/groundsdk-android)

I’ve also opened an issue on the github repo: error building groundsdk · Issue #1 · Parrot-Developers/groundsdk-android · GitHub

Any help is appreciated

Hi,

I cannot tell from the logs why you have this issue, though this seems related to your android NDK.

Can you please check the following.

• Are you sure your android NDK installation is clean & completed successfully? In case of any doubt, delete, then reinstall the NDK as explained in the guide (be sure to use r17c version of the NDK)
  • Completely delete your workspace out folder ( rm -rf /home/zovomat/Workspace/groundsdk/out) and proceed again with a build; this time, use the following command:

./build.sh -p groundsdk-android -t build-jni -j1

Note the -j1 parameter that will restrict the build to a single core, which will result in a more sensible log output for me to investigate.

Please post the complete output (including all input commands) to pastebin, so I can further analyze the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, somehow deleting everything and restarting from scratch did the job, although I had already tried it multiple times in the last days :sweat_smile:
However, thank you again for the help :smile: