Groundsdk build fails

Hello all,

I just got a new Anafi and I’m currently trying to set up the groundsdk-android.

I followed every step from the instructions.

Unfortunately the build step fails, using the command:
$ ./build.sh -p groundsdk-android -t build -j

Here’s the console output:

##########################

[I] Installed NDK version: r17c
/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/products/groundsdk/android/config/product.mk:43: Missing ANDROID_ABI using armeabi-v7a
[I] Starting task ‘build’
[I] Starting task ‘build-jni’
[I] Starting task ‘build-common’
[I] Starting task ‘build-common-armeabi-v7a’
[I] In ‘/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk’: ALCHEMY_TARGET_CONFIG_DIR=“/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/products/groundsdk/android/config” ALCHEMY_TARGET_OUT=“/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/out/groundsdk-android/armeabi-v7a” ALCHEMY_TARGET_PRODUCT=“groundsdk” ALCHEMY_TARGET_PRODUCT_VARIANT=“android” ALCHEMY_TARGET_SCAN_ADD_DIRS=" /home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/packages" ALCHEMY_TARGET_SCAN_PRUNE_DIRS=" /home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk" ALCHEMY_USE_COLORS=“1” ALCHEMY_WORKSPACE_DIR=“/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk” ANDROID_ABI=“armeabi-v7a” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_GROUP=“drones” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_PRODUCT=“groundsdk” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_PROJECT=“groundsdk” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_UID=“groundsdk-android-20200121-1338-0.0.0” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_VARIANT=“android” PARROT_BUILD_PROP_VERSION=“0.0.0” /home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/build/alchemy/scripts/alchemake -j 1 all sdk
Installing Android-17 toolchain from NDK
WARNING:main:gnustl is deprecated and will be removed in the next release. Please switch to libc++. See C++ library support  |  Android NDK  |  Android Developers for more information.
/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/out/groundsdk-android/armeabi-v7a/toolchain/bin/clang60: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/out/groundsdk-android/armeabi-v7a/toolchain/bin/clang60: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.4.0’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.0.0’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.9.0’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.5.0’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.5.2’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘7’
expr: syntax error: unexpected argument ‘4.5.0’
/home/hartmann/parrot/groundsdk/build/alchemy/toolchains/setup.mk:37: *** Unable to determine TARGET_TOOLCHAIN_TRIPLET. Stop.
[E] Task ‘build-common-armeabi-v7a’ failed (Command failed (returncode=2))

##########################

The Ubuntu version is freshly installed along with Android Studio

If you need additional information, please tell.

Searching for the problem on google didn’t get me a working solution so far.

p.s:
The step

Install the Repo tool

• Download it from Google APIs
  • Put it in a directory that is included in your path
  • Make it executable with chmod a+x repo

was really confusing at first, because I had no clue what was meant by ‘path’. The last time I worked with linux was 2 years ago, maybe it’d be helpful to make the path more specific.

2 Likes

Something is wrong with ncurses. Is it installed? If you have ncurses I’ve seen people workaround issues like this by linking libtinfo.so to it

You can also try installing libtinfo via apt.

sudo apt-get install libtinfo5

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for the ultrafast reply :smiley:

Your solution actually solved the problem. Thanks a lot!