Is it possible to create a flight plan?

Hi, for a school project I’m looking to make an autonomous drone in particular Anafi thermal because I need the thermal camera. Is it possible to launch a drone using a programme and then have it fly a predefined circuit using commands such as “move forward 10m” or “turn 45°” for example. Or at least program a flight plan from the Freeflight 6 mobile application then send a command under ROS to start the drone. Can I do that with an Anafi thermal drone or do I need Air SDK and it only works with Anafi Ai?

Hi @Sofugie,

You right, Air SDK only works with Anafi Ai. I think you need to use Olympe : is an SDK that provides a Python controller programming interface for Parrot ANAFI drones.

you can move the drone, takeoff, landing, take photo etc… Please, take a look at the documentation.

Regards,
Axel

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
Now I know that I can send commands but do I need to press buttons on my controller programming interface or can I program a whole series of events to make it do a circuit alone ?

Hi @Sofugie,

You can do what you want with Olympe and Python. You can catch event and send the appropriate command. Please, take a look at the documentation .

You can also create your own flight plan using the Mavlink text file format and send it to the drone using the Rest API (via the drone’s web server). You can start the flightplan with Olympe.

Regards,
Axel

Thank you !

Sorry to bother you again, can I program the Anafi USA as easily as the Anafi thermal? I saw that it had more anti-virus protections, does that have an impact on programming?

Do you know if it’s easy to find spare parts for Anafi thermal since it is no longer produced ?

One last question, I didn’t find information on the next drones. Is parrot planning to market another thermal drone in the coming months/years?

Yes, you can program the Anafi USA as easily as the Anafi thermal with Olympe.

I don’t know for the spare spare for Anafi thermal but yes the Anafi thernal is no longer produced.

For the last questions, we are unable to answer your question. The Parrot Developer Forum is reserved for questions about our API / SDK for all our products.

Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Axel

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.