Issues with Video Recording and Metadata frequency (Olympe)

Hello :wave:,

I am currently trying to record a video in Sphynx using Olympe. I need it for post-processing. I am using the example code streaming.py, so i am retrieving the metadata and the streaming video file.

I have two problems:

1. As soon as the video exceeds 30 seconds, the images become unreadable, showing a lot of color bands like in the photo above.

2. When I look at the streaming_metadata.json file, I find 3000 lines of metadata while the video lasts 40 seconds at 30 fps. I should have 1200 data points. I do not understand at what frequency the acquisition is done. I also see that the timestamp lasts 3300 µs.

I don’t know if it is possible to modify the FPS and the metadata acquisition frequency of the streaming , and also if I can reduce the resolution to maybe solve my problem.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :pray:

Hi @Hani,

Unfortunately, there’s a bug in the video recording process. We’re working on it and it will be fixed in the next version. Thank you for your help in finding this bug.

If you want to have video from the drone for post-processing, you can simply start and stop the record (with FreeFlight mobile application or Olympe) and get the video via the webserver (http://10.202.0.1/).

Regards,
Axel

Hello @Axelm,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I also wanted to ask if this issue affects the acquisition of metadata, as I am experiencing problems with the sampling frequency, as mentioned earlier. I read that it is not possible to change the resolution, but is there a way to adjust the sampling frequency of metadata ?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Best regards,
Hani

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.