Please help me ! Can not run Olympe

I wanted to change the version of Python and run Olympe.

At first, I deleted the file that clone the parrot-groundsdk repo workspace I created first.
Next, I installed Olympe again with reference the URL ( https://developer.parrot.com/docs/olympe/installation.html ).

However, an error occurred and Olympe could not be executed.
The original file is also deleted and cannot be restored.

Now, I’m thinking of removing Olympe completely.
Please tell me how to do this.
Also, please let me know if there is another solution.

Hello @Kain, I have written the installation process in this file for my laptop. Feel free to follow the step again. I’m using ubuntu 18.04. I hope you can run the Olympe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Fx-OnB3dWAnTtUqNIVCaLUU6u00L2-N/view?usp=sharing

Hello harithzainudin.
Thank you for your reply.

I installed according to the file that you gave me.
However, the installation failed.
I inputted following code

./build.sh -p olympe-linux -A all final -j

Then the following error was output

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'clang'
Copy: packages/olympe/src/olympe/doc/examples/streaming.py => out/olympe-linux/staging/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe/doc/examples/streaming.py
Copy: packages/olympe/src/olympe/doc/examples/maxtiltget.py => out/olympe-linux/staging/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe/doc/examples/maxtiltget.py
Copy: packages/olympe/src/olympe/doc/examples/takeoff_if_necessary_1.py => out/olympe-linux/staging/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe/doc/examples/takeoff_if_necessary_1.py
Copy: packages/olympe/src/olympe/doc/examples/bitfields.py => out/olympe-linux/staging/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe/doc/examples/bitfields.py
Copy: packages/olympe/src/olympe/doc/examples/asyncaction.py => out/olympe-linux/staging/usr/lib/python/site-packages/olympe/doc/examples/asyncaction.py
/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/build/alchemy/main.mk:311: recipe for target ‘/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/build/libulog-py/_ulog.py’ failed
make: *** [/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/build/libulog-py/_ulog.py] Error 1
generate files
/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/build/alchemy/classes/GENERIC/rules.mk:113: recipe for target ‘/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/build/ffmpeg-libav/ffmpeg-libav.configured.stamp’ failed
/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/build/alchemy/classes/GENERIC/rules.mk:113: recipe for target ‘/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/build/json/json.configured.stamp’ failed
/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/build/alchemy/classes/GENERIC/rules.mk:113: recipe for target ‘/home/mlab/code/parrot-groundsdk/out/olympe-linux/build/libtar/libtar.configured.stamp’ failed

MAKE ERROR DETECTED
[E]  Command failed (returncode=254)

And I use “Ubuntu 16.04 LTS”.
Should I change it to “Ubuntu 18.04 LTS” ?

You need to install Clang. I would try something like:

sudo python3 -m pip install clang==6.0.0.2

Hi @Kain

From the documentation that you can found here:

“The following install instructions have been tested under Ubuntu 18.04 and should also work on Debian 9 or higher.”

Anyway, it seems that you’re having a problem with libclang. Are you sure that did not encounter any error during postinst script?

Hello Watchdog101.

I ran that code and tried again.
However, I failed…
When I run the following code

$ ./products/olympe/linux/env/postinst

I got this error

ERROR: After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves dependency conflicts.
We recommend you use --use-feature=2020-resolver to test your packages with the new resolver before it becomes the default.
sphinx-substitution-extensions 2018.11.12.3 requires sphinx==1.8.2, but you'll have sphinx 1.8.5 which is incompatible.

After that, the same operation failed.

Hello priols.

As you can see from the reply to Watchdog, there seems to be a problem in that part.

Hi @Kain
This error should not prevent you from using olympe. Do you still encounter the make error?

Hi priols.

Yes, I get this error.