Yesterday we tested some GroundSDK mavlink flightplans on the anafi ai drone, and I must say we were impressed by its accuracy and precision. We learnt a lot about the flightplans, and we therefore have some questions.
- To our knowledge it seems like the flightplan requires a waypoint. Is this true? and why? The drone doesn’t need a takeoff, but it will fly with a waypoint.
- Taking pictures and videos do not work. We tried taking pictures and videos with the flightplans. I’ve tried the example provided in the Parrot Mavlink docs and it won’t run in the simulator. Is there something we are missing?
- Is it possible to stream a live video from the drone while executing a flightplan? This could be really useful, since it would be nice to see the drone while executing it. We overcame this by turning on the controller and connecting to the drone while in flightplan, from there we were able to view the stream from the drone.
- Does the controller have a wifi connection? When using the ipad as a controller we encountered network problems with the drone. Even though the ipads 4G and wifi was turned off, it could still get a connection to the drone.
- Sometimes the controller would require calibration before we used it, but when we tried to calibrate it the app seemed to not respond to anything. Suddenly the calibration requirement was gone, and then it came back and so fourth. We went outside and it still didn’t work. Would like to know why it was erratic.