Running Sphinx on Ubuntu 20.04 -- in container/VM?

I am struggling to get a Sphinx setup running properly. My host is running Ubuntu 20.04, but Sphinx will not install on 20.04 (can’t even run apt update due to “Forbidden IP” issues). When I try to run Sphinx in an LXC container there are all sorts of weird permission issues with firmwared and when I install and run Sphinx in a VirtualBox VM I can’t access the drone network from my host, meaning I’d have to develop my code in the VM as well (non starter for me).

How have people been running an ANAFI simulation on Ubuntu 20.04? I as of yet have not found a solution and would love some guidance from the community!

Ubuntu 20.04 is not supported in the current sphinx version.

https://developer.parrot.com/docs/sphinx/system-requirements.html

Jerome - I understand 20.04 is not supported, hence my question here. I’m sure I’m not the first person to be running a Ubuntu 20.04 host and needing to get Sphinx running. I’m curious as to what people have done, whether with a VM or a container, to get things up and going.

I think I’m closest with the VM, but haven’t been able to get past the stolen_interface issues which breaks my host network so I can’t run python scripts from my host to connect to the VM.

The whole simulation setup for Sphinx seems incredibly complex - I’m sure there may be a reason for it - but I haven’t wrapped my head around all the moving parts yet, so any information you can direct me to would be great!

They don’t :slight_smile:
VM is not suited either , it’s a nightmare to configure.

The current release of Sphinx has been published in 2018, so we used the available Ubuntu distro at this time and we froze the support to those versions.

Next major Sphinx release will support our new drone ANAFI Ai and will run on :

• Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic)
  • Debian 10 (buster)
  • Ubuntu 20.04 (focal)

Any updates on a release date for it? I’m in some heavy development now where I could really use a simulator. Do you have a beta I could try? Or even an alpha? Pre-alpha? :slight_smile:

check your private message

interested on that too!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.