SDK programming in Swift?

hi,

I have the mini drone Mambo and I have seen that the SDK supports Objective-C and that there are some swift playgrounds.

Can I use swift to control the drone?

If not where are the best tutorials for Objective-C and Python (which library is the best one to use) please?

Thanks

https://edu.parrot.com/apps.html

List of all the environments and swift is right there at the top

Hi CaptainSaavik,

Yes there are a few playgrounds but can I create a swift app to control the drone, as I cannot find any info on that, objective-c yes but swift I don’t think so?

Thanks

So, you can download the playground book and all the code is open source inside.
You will see that we are using a “light” version of the APIs in swift.

Complete Swift SDK will come later, stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this ‘light’ version available to download? whilst I wait for the full SDK

If you install the SwiftPlayground on your iPad, you’ll have the source code in your iCloud account.
Otherwise, you have a direct access to the source code on our Github release (in ParrotEducation.playgroundbook.zip).

1 Like

Thanks I have got those playgrounds now, is there any documentation/reference on it or will I have to go through each file.

Any tips, recommendations would be great :smile:

There is no documentation on this as the purpose was only to get the Playground working.
But the code is nicely written and self explanatory :slight_smile:

Just wanted to pass on some kudos … the Swift Playground was artfully done. I just finished teaching a unit to a group of high school students and they loved it.

Any update on the release timing for the complete Swift SDK? Is it going to be applicable for the Anafi?

I have gone through the Parrot swift tutorial and have enjoyed it. I have tried the one where the gyroscope is programmed to control the drone, but it only takes off and no movement of the ipad makes any movement of the drone. Any ideas?