Serial protocol - ANAFI 4k

Is it possible to communicate with the drone via Serial port directly? Just a curiosity. I noticed that the Sky Controller 3 can sync with the drone via the USB-C port. I am wondering if it is possible to send and receive data using the serial port. USB port, over the Serial protocol.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Is this not possible? I tried a few things, and can only get the drone to mount as a storage device - nothing more.

Hello,

likewise I tried to communicate via the usb-c port but impossible. I think the firmware prevents any unrecognized communications.

yeah - i think you’re correct. Parrot has the OS packages on their website - so i’ve been trying to exploit busybox or another package(the Telnet service requires an SSH key - smart on them) so that i can get in and setup the ftdi drivers for usage over the usb-c. So far though, looks like i’ll have to dump the firmware and modify it -.- what a pain. The bebop wasn’t this hard to get into and setup Serial drivers - they have learned much from their military contracts xD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.