Simulation with ANAFI stalls or lags very much after some minutes

I am using the anafi4k.drone with sphinx, but after some minutes gazebo and olympe shell env. just stalls, or lags extremely much as nothing in my VirtualBox Debian 9 can be done. Here’s how my file looks in /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones:

<machine_params
low_gpu=“true”
with_front_cam=“false”
simple_front_cam=“false”
with_gimbal=“false”
with_kalamos=“false”
with_external_cams=“false”
sdcard_serial=“undefined
product_pro=“0”/>
eth1

<stolen_interface>wlan0:eth0:192.168.42.1/24</stolen_interface>

Hello,

I am no VirtualBox expert but may be there is not enough resources (RAM and/or disk space) allocated to your VM (or something like that).
Anyway, since Sphinx really needs a performant/GPU-capable/dedicated machine, VM are not really ideally suited for the task. There is just too many settings / virtualization issues we can’t help you with and that could get in your way… I wouldn’t recommend using a VM for Sphinx beyond an experimentation stage. Since you seem to be using Sphinx beyond that, you should probably take the time to install Sphinx on a bare-metal workstation.

Nicolas

1 Like

Would it be possible to install a live iso image file on a usb stick and go with that? Something like Debian live cd image? This means it would be an image on the usb stick with its operating system.