Sphinx 1.2.1 "Cannot get param" error

Hello there!

First of all, thanks for the cool (and lazy-oriented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) dev platform you’ve released recently.

While testing Olympe features on drones aside from the Anafi4K, I get a Cannot get param error from the C++ boost lib when running Sphinx.

Here it is the error logged when trying to run the Bebop drone on Sphinx.

Is there any hotfix we can apply to get it up and running before Parrot releases an update?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Thanks for the prompt report! I can reproduce the crash on Ubuntu 18.04, Parrot-Sphinx 1.2.1 with:

sphinx /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones/bebop.drone::stolen_interface=

Sphinx 1.2.1 (or some prior version) seem to have broken the backward compatibility with this old Bebop firmware release.

Please, try Anafi4K or Bebop2 instead, they both work for me:

sphinx /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones/bebop2.drone::stolen_interface=
sphinx /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/share/sphinx/drones/anafi4k.drone::stolen_interface=

Thanks

Nicolas

Hey @ndessart,

Thanks for answer back so quickly!

As for the Bebop (& other older drones) firmware, then I have to downgrade to the previous Sphinx version, right? Will you publish an update within a reasonable time?

Moreover, do you know if the Olympe framework works with the previous Sphinx version?

Thank you!

Quino

Hopefully yes, I honestly don’t know when Sphinx broke the backward compatibility with Bebop 1.

We won’t release any new Bebop 1 firmware release (that’s a certainty).
And I can’t promise you a backward compatibility fix for Bebop 1 in a future Sphinx release.

Yes, it should work fine. Olympe is not tied to a particular Sphinx version but rather to a simulated firmware version (the two are independent).

Regards

Nicolas

1 Like