Well, where to start?
OK, having here a Gigabyte G5 https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Gigabyte-G5-GeForce-Display-KD-52DE123SD/dp/B09QFHPJXY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=T65LN1YAOEO1&keywords=laptop+3060&qid=1655223132&refinements=p_n_feature_twenty-four_browse-bin%3A27399048031%2Cp_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A15664227031&rnid=8321966031&s=computers&sprefix=laptop+%2Caps%2C176&sr=1-3
I was hoping this device would match the requirements. GeForce RTX 3060, 16 GB RAM, i5 6-core etc…
======================================================= glmark2 2021.02 ======================================================= OpenGL Information GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation GL_RENDERER: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU/PCIe/SSE2 GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.73.05
Ubuntu 20.04 btw. GLMARK2 score 12011
I was following the installation procedure System requirements - 2.8.2 and got 2.8.2 installed as well as the Parrot Olympe SDK.
I then started to follow the first simple examples from your website: System requirements - 2.8.2 “Create simulated drone”
It came to the first takeoff/land example, and this worked out of the box… Once. Already the second start showed errors…
[2022.06.19-13.41.31:288]LogGzUE4: Error: Waited too long to get tick request
I then took the “maxtilt” example and ran into timeouts. In the end I couldn’t even connect anymore to the virtual drone and the previous “takeoff” sample failed again.
I tried to follow the “Reset simulation” step after each simulation, but other than printing out “true” it doesn’t have to seem any effect on the simulation.
The preview window of the animation showed a continuously up and down going camera, it looked into the sky and came back, as if an old simulation was still running (the maxtilt)
Not even the restart of “firmwared” or restart of sphinx or restart of “parrot-ue-empty” did help.
Only a “sudo reboot”, but … really?
I could - with a lot of patience - stop the simulation in the sphinx window, but I can’t see a clear repeatable reproducible behaviour. And this is only a simple simulation.
Q: What do I have to do in order to achieve a clean start of a simulation after one run? What can be done to stabilize the results?
EDIT: Also observed: Rotors start, this error message appears:
2022-06-19 16:13:57,294 [INFO] olympe.drone.ANAFI Ai 000000 - _link_quality_cb - Link quality: tx=66, rx=100, rx_useful=76 2022-06-19 16:13:58,288 [ERROR] olympe.drone.ANAFI Ai 000000 - connect - '10.202.0.1 connection timed out 2022-06-19 16:13:58,288 [WARNING] olympe.drone.ANAFI Ai 000000 - async_disconnect - Cannot disconnect while a connection is in progress 2022-06-19 16:13:58,289 [ERROR] olympe.drone.ANAFI Ai 000000 - disconnect - Cannot disconnect prope
… and the simulation goes into kind of “time lap” mode: Some slow progress, then all stops. The entire system gets sluggish.
EDIT2: Situation now after several reboots: The simulation “takeoff” ends up with a front_camera starring into the sky and a red light shining after start of everything. The takeoff script doesn’t takeoff, it just ends up in a
2022-06-19 16:38:13,755 [ERROR] olympe.drone.ANAFI Ai 000000 - connect - '10.202.0.1 connection timed out
I consider this to not being working properly