Unable to control drone movement

I’m working on an application where drone commands are sent from a web application to an android application connected to a SkyController and drone. Hardcoded movement values are sent from the web application to the android application where an action handler executes the corresponding ManualCopterPilotingItf methods to set the drone movement in question, I.e:

private ManualCopterPilotingItf mFlightControl;
mFlightControl = mDrone.getPilotingItf(ManualCopterPilotingItf.class);

• mFlightControl.setRoll(roll)
  • mFlightControl.setPitch(pitch)
  • mFlightControl.setYawRotationSpeed (yaw)
  • mFlightControl.setVerticalSpeed(throttle)

I make sure that the ManualCopterPilotingItf interface is active before setting the movement. However, no drone movement can be seen when I test it in Sphinx. Comparing the implementation with the groundsdk-demo, I can find little difference from my implementation, apart from that the demo is executing its commands in an activity. I have a RTH/Land/Takeoff/Camera zoom function in the same action handler that works just fine. So it doesn’t seem like there’s a problem with the drone connection.

Is there something I’m missing that is specific to the drone movement controls in contrast to the functions mentioned. Any tips on how I can debug this issue further to find the problem.

Thank you

The issue was found and successfully handled. The problem was that the web application never gained control of the drone movement as the physical controller was in possession of it. The issue was resolved by utilizing the Copilot interface where the application gained control as its connection was accepted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.