Unreal Engine 4 Won't Stop

The process /opt/parrot-ue4-empty/Parrot-Sphinx-App/Binaries/Linux/UnrealApp Parrot-Sphinx-App -preferNvidia -nosound won’t stop even after sudo kill -9 <ID>. I running Sphinx on the Pop_OS! 22.04 LTS with up to date NVIDIA drivers. Does anyone know how to just quit Sphinx without such problem?

If this helps:

firmwared.service - Parrot products firmware loading daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/firmwared.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: deactivating (final-sigkill) (Result: timeout) since Thu 2023-04-27 18:04:23 JST; 5min ago
Main PID: 740 (firmwared)
Tasks: 5 (limit: 37887)
Memory: 248.4M
CPU: 2.156s
CGroup: /system.slice/firmwared.service
├─ 740 /opt/parrot-sphinx/usr/bin/firmwared
└─5761 /sbin/boxinit ro.boot.console=/pts/3 ro.hardware=anafi2 ro.model=anafi2 ro.debuggable=1 ro.revision=4 ro.mech.revision=pv1 ro.debug_ipa>

Apr 27 18:04:23 pop-os systemd[1]: Stopping Parrot products firmware loading daemon…
Apr 27 18:05:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: State ‘stop-sigterm’ timed out. Killing.
Apr 27 18:05:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Killing process 740 (firmwared) with signal SIGKILL.
Apr 27 18:05:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Killing process 5717 (monitor-25e0600) with signal SIGKILL.
Apr 27 18:05:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Killing process 5761 (boxinit) with signal SIGKILL.
Apr 27 18:05:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Killing process 5762 (boxinit) with signal SIGKILL.
Apr 27 18:07:23 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Processes still around after SIGKILL. Ignoring.
Apr 27 18:08:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: State ‘final-sigterm’ timed out. Killing.
Apr 27 18:08:53 pop-os systemd[1]: firmwared.service: Killing process 740 (firmwared) with signal SIGKILL.

Hello,

It’s not clear to me which process you are trying to kill.

UnrealApp should always exit after clicking the “Quit” menu item (alt+f4), or with ctrl+c in your shell.

firmwared is a daemon that runs in the background. You can stop it with sudo systemctl stop firmwared.service.

Hi ocrave,

I am trying to kill the firmwared.service process with sudo systemctl stop firmwared.service, but without success (my second message shows systemctl trying to kill it without success). Every time that I launch Parrot Sphinx, the simulation works fine, but I cannot stop unless I restart the system. Actually, it also prevents me from restarting or powering off, I have to make a hard-shutdown using the power button of the machine. What kind of information could I provide you to help understand the issue?

Can you send us ulog logs with extra logs from firmwared as shown here: Troubleshooting - 2.11
?

Sorry for the delay, here it is, but because of limited character count, I had to upload the logs.

log.zip (18.1 KB)

Other:

6.2.6-76060206-generic

firmwared does not seem to find a link that matches the regex /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.* on your machine. Have you installed libstdc++6?

sudo apt install libstdc++6

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.