Which kind of navigation system is used in ANAFI?

Hi all,

I want to convert the GPS coordinates (latitude, longitude, and altitude) to some Cartesian coordinates (X, Y, and Z). But I need to know what kind of navigation system is used in ANAFI, GPS or GLONASS. In Parrot’s website, it says that ANAFI has a built-in GNSS-type GPS chip with GLONASS satellite tracking. Here is the link: https://www.parrot.com/global/support/products/anafi/starting-fly-anafi.

I am not sure which one is used. The reason why it matters is that I need to know which kind of Earth reference frame is used when latitude, longitude, and altitude are represented. If ANAFI uses GPS, it’s WGS-84. But if ANAFI uses GLONASS, it’s PZ-90. If someone can tell me which one is used, I will appreciate it very much.

Update:

I just used WGS-84 because I think this is the regular model of the Earth. I also wrote a function to transform the GPS coordinates to the North-East-Down frame. I will post it when I get time.

It would be great :slight_smile:

Update:
Here is a module to transform GPS coordinates to the North-East-Down frame.

I will upload another example about how to use it in Parrot-Sphinx when I get time.

1 Like

Hi zehuilu,

Sorry for the late reply.
ANAFI uses the WGS-84 coordinate system.

Regards

Nicolas

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply, Nicolas!