Which opencv python version for olympe streaming example?

Hey there,
I was trying to get the streaming example to work, unfortunately I received an error that import cv2 was not working.
So I installed opencv with

pip install opencv-python in the virtual environment

…which installed version 4.2.0.32
running the example created a segmentation fault, therefore I uninstalled opencv-python and installed an older 3.1.x version, which looked better.
This however creates the following error:

OpenCV Error: Unspecified error (The function is not implemented. Rebuild the library with Windows, GTK+ 2.x or Carbon support. If you are on Ubuntu or Debian, install libgtk2.0-dev and pkg-config, then re-run cmake or configure script) in cvShowImage, file /io/opencv/modules/highgui/src/window.cpp, line 605
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “_ctypes/callbacks.c”, line 234, in ‘calling callback function’

So my question is, which version of opencv-python should be used to get the video-streaming running?
Thanks

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded opencv-python in my environment to the 4.2.0.32 release and everything still works perfectly fine for me on Ubuntu 18.04.

You must have a system dependency issue on your system. What is your linux distribution release? Could you please re-run the ./product/olympe/linux/env/postinst script and post its output here?

Thanks

Nicolas

Hi Nicholas,
thanks for taking the time.
I’m using a kubuntu 18.04.04 LTS. Here’s the output of uname -a:
Linux marcel-HP-Spectre 5.3.0-28-generic #30~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 17 06:14:09 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Unfortunately, I cannot share the output of the postinst file, as it contains multiple links from the apt-get update which new users are not allowed to post. I tried to upload the logfile, but this is also not allowed :frowning:

Link to Log-File on Google-Drive

apart from others, It seems that there are dependencies to sphinx 2.3.1 which cannot be resolved by the pip version installed through get-pip.py …