Cannot connect to virtual drone

I am following the Sphinx quick start and everything is up and running. Now I am trying to use the SkyController 3 with a tablet. The tablet has free flight 6 and is not able to find the virtual drone. It appears Sphinx is hijacking the interface and running properly, Iwconfig confirms this. Nothing is being broadcasted. Freeflight 6 and other devices cannot see it. This is happening on two different systems with different wireless cards. Systems are using Ubuntu 20.04.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello,

Did you set the wifi_channelproperty as explained here: Piloting with a remote controller - 2.5.1 ?

Yes, I did set it to WIFI channel to 6 and it had no difference. I forgot to mention that my company owns a Parrot ANAFI USA. The Simulator doesn’t support that model as a WIFI dongle. The WIFI interface cards that I did try both support AP mode and are based on the mac80211 framework.

What is your version of controller, freeflight, firmware, and sphinx? Does it work with a direct connection from Freeflight 6 (without SkyController)?

controller: 1.8.1
freeflight: 6.7.6
firmware: latest anafi2
sphinx: 2.6

Does it work with a direct connection from Freeflight 6 (without SkyController)? No, freeflight 6 cannot see the virtual drone. We have a Parrot ANAFI USA.

anafi2-pc requires FreeFlight 7.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.